460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I have a confession - my only hobby isn't racing :shock:

I also restore, show, do parades, and re-enact WWII armor. My unit (not affiliated with the actual military) has been in operation for 8 years or so. We have several tanks, half-tracks, jeeps, trucks.

www.14thArmoredRe-Creations.com
Here is the link to our website.

So besides this being something interesting to share, I am also currently seeking some new members. Its very easy to join and different levels of commitment are availiable. If you make it to the website note the schedule for this year. We will be all over the place!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I want one of those!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I'm an armor junkie. LOL I was in an armor unit here in Nebraska, 63B MOS. We had the M60A3's and they were a hoot to drive. We also had APC's cool too but not as fun. M88's and a light recovery tank that I do not know the model # for as it was never fired up during my 6 year tour with them. I was the drivers license tester every year and always took the tanks over anything else. Nice to have seniority. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The M5 high speed tractor is a BEAST! Same chassis as a M5 tank but less weight and a better engine. 500+ cubic inch inline 6 with a 4 speed. This is probably my favorite thing to drive.
It was used as a recovery vehicle and to move artillery. I towed a 105mm at Ft. Knox using our tractor one year - awesome.

·
Registered
55 Posts
theres an old army ambulace close by to me. I tried to talk my grand mother into buying it for me for a daily driver lol. Its like a 53 Dodge flat head. Its in great shape for its age and still has the cots in the back. Its 4 wheel drive and all that. Guy is only asking 8,000 for it

·
Registered
928 Posts
Heres a picture of the beasty

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MysteryMachine said:
theres an old army ambulace close by to me. I tried to talk my grand mother into buying it for me for a daily driver lol. Its like a 53 Dodge flat head. Its in great shape for its age and still has the cots in the back. Its 4 wheel drive and all that. Guy is only asking 8,000 for it
The inline 6 in those old dodges run forever... I have a '41 open cab myself that I am currently restoring.

All torque and no horsepower!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd love to learn more about this old stuff. I'm current military (USMC), so I get to play with some pretty fun toys, but imagine the value of learning our roots...

I'm waiting for the EFV to field, that will be sweet (of course, I'll probably never get to ride in one)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Here's a picture of my truck (the '77) among a couple of my dad's. The tan one is a '41 half ton, used to be an open cab. The other is a '57 Powerwagon with a synchromesh transmission. The '41 is staying stock but the '57 is getting a few performance modifications, namely, upgrading to a decent Holley 2bbl carb and possibly a turbo off of a 2.2 chrysler turbo. Won't run much boost, don't want to hurt it, but he wants more power out of it so we're gonna give it a shot. If you look to the left you can see a few more "parts" trucks, though one is a '42 with an international cab and grill and is complete.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is this year's scedule, if anyone would like to come see some of the vintage iron in action.

March 29th Scout-O-Rama Churchill Downs, Louisville, KY

April 5th & 6th Fort Campbell Tactical Battle Fort Campbell, KY

April 26th & 27th World War II Weekend Jefferson Barracks, St. Louis, MO

May 8th UK Cooperative Extension WWII Veterans Appreciation Shepherdsville, KY

June 21st & 22nd Secret City Festival Oak Ridge, TN

June 28th & 29th "Firefall - A Tribute To Veterans" Rockome Gardens, Arcola IL

July 4th Bullitt Blast 4th of July Celebration Shepherdsville, KY

August 9th & 10th Thunder Over Michigan Belleville, MI

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
moparman: the '42 dodge had me drooling a bit... It looks like the entire cab was changed on it? I can hardly wait to drive mine, its probably 75% done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts