460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just finally got around to trying to install the magnaflow kit on my Bronco. No chance of the supplied X-pipe fitting as my NP205 hits it. I Have another X-pipe on the shelf. Is there any issues with turning it sideways like in the picture? If not, the exhaust will be fairly easy to fab.

The second picture shows how the supplied X-pipe fits... Or doesn't in my case. Not only does it hit the tcase on the drivers side, but you can't see in the picture, but it is angled downwards a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
HI looking at it it looks like you just have the X pipe sitting on a seat? so it looks llike your just guessing on the location of the pipes. hook up some headers and the pipes and see the location
good luck
tim

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no, I'm not guessing. The magnaflow bronco kit won't work with an NP205. The driver's side pipe should go between the transfer case and the frame with a D20. Because I'm using an NP205/ZF, not only is there no room between the tcase and frame, but the tcase is moved aft about 3" or so from stock. No chance of using the supplied x-pipe. Even with me having to use fenderwell pipes, there is no room to cut and re-route the driver's side pipe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Other than being a little more aggressive angle the pipes have to approach the x, it's better to fit than to make a bunch of angles to get better x Angle. Pictures look pretty good to me

·
Registered
300 Posts
I might be wrong but I thought that an "X" pipe was to help scavenge gases from the engine. The way I see it turning it sideways would do more harm than good. I would just use a "H" pipe instead. Only my opinion......Good luck!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the spare X-pipe I have is straight through in either direction. No matter which way I orientate it, it will not hurt flow. At least it looks like that to me. Either way I'm going to go with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So the spare X-pipe I have is straight through in either direction. No matter which way I orientate it, it will not hurt flow. At least it looks like that to me. Either way I'm going to go with it.
I know this thread is old but I was wondering if you ever did mount the x pipe sideways and if so how did it work and do you have any pictures.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know this thread is old but I was wondering if you ever did mount the x pipe sideways and if so how did it work and do you have any pictures.

I didn't end up using the 3" x-pipe. I just cut and rewelded the tubing on the magnaflow x-pipe. Seems like too much effort to try and get that big 3" x-pipe to clear everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts