460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
damm ,devided by a common language again :x

i only know of chevy slabside trucks that dont look like one !

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
That's what the call the car, a "Slab". They also have Box, Bubble and some others I can't remember. It has to do with the shape of the car and has to have atleast 20" rims or something. Like a Crown Vic on 26" wheels I think is a Bubble?

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
32 Altered said:
bigblockjohn said:
ok whats a slab?...no really..?
I think it is a new DONK language word... I've heard Donk, Box & Bubble... But SLAB is a new one to me. That hippity hop language is ever evolving!
Ya that's it! A Crown Vic is a Donk not a bubble. The Chevy Caprice is a bubble.

A guy I know makes lift kits for the cars so they can fit up to 26" wheels.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't keep up with this stuff either, but a search on the internet, I found out it means "Slow Loud And Bangin" and I thought I was going to get a good deal on some concrete, LOL!

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
I saw a group of them the other day painted up. One was painted like a Lays bag of chips! Even had the bar code on the back! Another one was a Arm and Hammer box, Mr Clean and a cereal box I can't really remember what the other ones was. I guess they like there house hold supplies and foods?

·
Registered
147 Posts
thats great ive got an orignal british leyland mini with knackard big ends and a broken exhaust = slab ...slow lould and banging ,lovley :D :D

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Man I thought I was still a little cool :( I never heard that word used that way before. 40 is the new 30 my azz, after reading this I feel 80 years old

Well I just asked the wife if see ever heard it before and see looked at me like I was crazy..."a course I heard that word before haven't you"? I forgot who I was talking to, she's a teacher at a Detroit High School

she even went on to give me it's made up or new meaning...I just walked away from her AZZ :roll: :roll:

I will never look at my driveway the same again.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Here in this one horse town we have one thats painted like Dr. Pepper, one painted like Snickers candy bar, and even one painted gold with $100 bills all over the car under the clear coat. I use to like Crown Vics and Caprices not any more.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts