460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a professor here in Chattanooga, and I still keep in touch with my favorite professor from my undergraduate years at the University of Miami. He teaches English and Classical literature (Ancient Greek and Roman literature), and is the Head of the Classics Department. I responded to his email yesterday, telling him about my rather "unacademic" pursuit of a building a big-block '66 Galaxie, and here's his reply. Keep in mind, this is a soft-spoken, Harvard graduate, world-travelling scholar who has mastered quite a few academic fields, and I've never seen him without a tie.

"Hi Matt—it is definitely Chattanooga. And thanks for the address, congratulations on the new house. Watch out for those Boston terriers—they are real fighters (I am from Boston too!) I am looking forward to a ride in your Ford Galaxie. I am a Ford fan, having had Mustangs for some time as the most dependable car imaginable. I recall the expression on the face of the car dealer when I brought in my Porsche five years ago and said I wanted a Mustang. It became a story, I am told, for months after."

:D Man, that tickled me. I'll have to get him a Ford tie or something for Christmas!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts