1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I like those comments below the video. It's like they think that because the guy in the truck stayed in the gas he was trying to make the wreck worse. Uh huh... if he let off when it went sideways it would have been a tumbling mess that the camaro would have hit square head-on instead of the glancing (although rather hard) blow which happened. Upon closer viewing of the vid, the guy in the truck probably could have let off the throttle right when it went squirrelly and prevented it. It sounded like he spun, let off, and then got right back in it which really tossed him in the other lane. Why get back into it when you've already blown the race? I guess he was still lined up pretty well when he gave it gas the second time, so I can't blame him too much.

At least the fact he red lighted probably didn't bother him too much after that!

T

·
0 Posts
Looks like that was filmed at one of the Big Dog Shootouts at Piedmont Dragstrip near me. That sure ruined a couple of racer's nights.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Bruce Allen clip is particularly scary because if you pull a few screen shots from the video as the car is rotating in the air, it looks to me that a lot of the passenger side floor & center floor bars are now gone. The passenger side floor looks to be missing the rocker bar, outer floor diagonal, inner main frame rail, passenger side of the double frame rail, and possibly the main rails center "X" brace.

It kinda looks like the only thing remaining of the car's driver/passenger compartment floor that kept his seat (and butt) in the car was the driver side inner main rail & drivers side double frame rail bar.

It would have been interesting to see better pics of the chassis damage aftermath to see what is still there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts